Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted Eging Rod
Hi guys, I am after an egi rod, willing to spend around $200, I am based in Melbourne, please let me know what you have, I don't mind paying postage costs. Don't know how the messaging system works on this site as I am new, but please email me at audi_rs4@live.com.au .

Cheers,

Danpachi
hello mate just go onto the plat website and you will find heaps of eging rods

there based in japan and i bought mine from them and i got it within five days.

I bought a daiwa egee 86m for $220 delivered... im really happy with my one ..

good luck and let me know how you go,,
berkley have squid rods. "egi master" medium to light and a medium to heavy.

i have had a test with the medium to light, i think it was 7'2 foot.

very good rod for the price, flicks 1.8 and 2.5 jigs as far as anything else, 3 and 3.5 go as far as you can see.

they have a great jig action.

complete angler have them for $200
[quote name='ASE90' post='19573' date='Jun 2 2010, 06:05 AM']hello mate just go onto the plat website and you will find heaps of eging rods

there based in japan and i bought mine from them and i got it within five days.

I bought a daiwa egee 86m for $220 delivered... im really happy with my one ..

good luck and let me know how you go,,[/quote]

how are you finding this rod?
I am thinking about ordering from plat, but I want to see if anybody has something to offer first, it would save me the trouble of ordering overseas ect.

Cheers,

Danpachi
do you know where complete angler is on nepean highway?

go have a look there, everyone is like nah berkley squid rod no way....

you will be shocked on how good it feels and looks.
[url="http://www.purefishing.com.au/berkleypro/2010/04/berkley-egi-master-rods-royter.html"]http://www.purefishing.com.au/berkleypro/2...ods-royter.html[/url]
[quote name='masejess33' post='19576' date='Jun 2 2010, 07:02 AM']how are you finding this rod?[/quote]

i am finding this rod really good it is a medium action ive caught plenty of

squid with it ..
took my new berkley and new daiwa certate out tonight.

got 3, 2 are just over 800gr other is around 500gr
I just bought myself a new Breaden squid rod and looking to sell my Shimano Sepia BB Squid Rod. Cost $300 new and about 4 months old. If your interested in the rod make me an offer before I stick it on ebay. Rod in pefect condition. Its the S800ML 8 Foot

Check out this site.

[url="http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product_info/language/en/products_id/7111/cPath/24_1092/egiing-squid-fishing/sephia-bb-s800ml.html"]http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product...-bb-s800ml.html[/url]

I have the Yamashita Naory 7foot 6 and that is a great rod too over $300 range. There are the gladiators but I have not had good reports from that rod.
Message Sent. Cheers.
[quote name='Kim_Vic' post='19612' date='Jun 6 2010, 12:03 AM']I just bought myself a new Breaden squid rod and looking to sell my Shimano Sepia BB Squid Rod. Cost $300 new and about 4 months old. If your interested in the rod make me an offer before I stick it on ebay. Rod in pefect condition. Its the S800ML 8 Foot

Check out this site.

[url="http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product_info/language/en/products_id/7111/cPath/24_1092/egiing-squid-fishing/sephia-bb-s800ml.html"]http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product...-bb-s800ml.html[/url]

I have the Yamashita Naory 7foot 6 and that is a great rod too over $300 range. There are the gladiators but I have not had good reports from that rod.[/quote]

How much are you looking to sell it for?
[quote name='masejess33' post='19616' date='Jun 6 2010, 08:04 AM']How much are you looking to sell it for?[/quote]

I have Danpachi coming over later today. If he does not want it I will send you a note.

Cheers,

Kim
[quote name='Kim_Vic' post='19621' date='Jun 6 2010, 10:43 AM']I have Danpachi coming over later today. If he does not want it I will send you a note.

Cheers,

Kim[/quote]

hey kim,

im not after a new rod. was just given 2 egi rods.

let me me though as i know couple of guys that mite be after a rod thats not full price.
[quote name='masejess33' post='19623' date='Jun 6 2010, 11:40 AM']hey kim,

im not after a new rod. was just given 2 egi rods.

let me me though as i know couple of guys that mite be after a rod thats not full price.[/quote]

mase,

just letting you know i sold the rod last night.

Went to brighton tonigh and nothing. Some guys next to me got one but overal very quite. water is still a little murkey ... I think I ll go back to beauy next time. I am still yet to get a squid at Brighton. at Beauy I nearly always get one.
no problem,

its funny how everyone has there own spot that works better, i have always got one or 2 at beau but brighton mostly over 5 and bag out.

but brighton pier has been slow, the rocks have been better. the water is crap atm, maybe tonight at brighton will be good as its blowing nnw all day.......

maybe see you at brighton one day kim...
Hey Kim, What model Breaden rod did you get.? Breaden rods are quite expensive. Which shop did you buy it at..?
[quote name='masejess33' post='19644' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:12 AM']no problem,

its funny how everyone has there own spot that works better, i have always got one or 2 at beau but brighton mostly over 5 and bag out.

but brighton pier has been slow, the rocks have been better. the water is crap atm, maybe tonight at brighton will be good as its blowing nnw all day.......

maybe see you at brighton one day kim...[/quote]

where about nt he rocks when walkign ut on the rocks to the right or left on yatch area or after the yatch area?
[quote name='samoi' post='19654' date='Jun 9 2010, 09:58 PM']Hey Kim, What model Breaden rod did you get.? Breaden rods are quite expensive. Which shop did you buy it at..?[/quote]

I got the Breaden

SWG-LC86shallow/longcast8'6"SWG-LC86shallow/longcast8'6"Shallow / Loncast 8 foot 6. Yeah not the cheapest but cheaper then the Graphite Leader I want. I got it at Fishing fever. I could have got it a little cheaper from Japan but it was pretty close.SWG-LC86shallow/longcast8'6"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MajorCraft ZALTZ 892E Eging Squid rod $175 Pick up Melbourne kooljp 2 7,366 17-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Last Post: kooljp
  Wanted yo Zuri pheromone skin size 3.0 Mike squid 0 2,492 31-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Mike squid
  F/S Eging rod & Reels namyau 2 5,135 24-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Last Post: namyau