Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squid night fishing light
Hi everyone. I'm new to the hobby? Went twice at night but got nothing. Thinking about changing location but the other areas I have in mind are pitch black. Do you think the led lights in this listing (http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/272387063717?_mwBanner=1) be enough to attract squid? Or do I need a strong 12v spotlight? Don't like the idea of having to carry a car battery around haha. Thanks guys
Not sure where you are located. The fact that you are using a UK eBay link, suggests the Country though. Don't get a spotlight... especially don't get an LED spotlight. The idea of the light is to attract a bait ball. The squid come for the bait. If there are bright street lights shining down, you don't need anything. If you can drive up to your fishing spot, a floodlight hooked to your car would work great. They also make little carts which allow you to wheel your dedicated deep-cycle battery down to the water. The waterproof fluorescent shop light hooked to a battery is extremely effective. If you really want small and lightweight, you can try 3 options. First, you can get some of the newer LED floodlights. Penetration of LED light through seawater isn't great and you will have to weigh the benefit of the portability vs. the high cost. Second, you can try really cheap and get a second fishing line with glow sticks attached. If haven't tried this one, but I have heard that it does actually work. Lastly, around here, lots of people use a propane-fueled Coleman-style lantern. It is insanely portable and really bright. It works best off a high pier or a bridge where you can suspend the lantern from a rope or chain over the water.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Is Thebest Squid/light Rock Spinning Rod Reel Combo? adam8137 3 14,634 14-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Peter Hugill
  Squid Light Colours outback pete 6 14,375 25-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Last Post: glen
  Idea For Squid Light dapooh65 1 9,579 08-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Tatonka