Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squid jig plastic and wood bodies pre made blanks
Hello guys and ngirls ...I'm looking to buy blank bodies both wood and plastic size 3.0 to 4.0..any help would be reallya appreciated I want to make my own jigs but after my stroke shaping bodies etc is beyond my capabilities so pre mares would be a god send..thanks in advance
Anyone know? ??
I've never made jigs before, however, if you can't shape wood, I would opt for casting plastic resin. I have cast plastic resin before and, with a proper mold, it's quite easy. You mix up a 2-part resin and pour it in to the mold, let it cure, then take out the new blank, sand it to clean it up and then polish/finish to whatever you want. Now, the mold making is the toughest part. If you were trying to make a small number of jigs, you could make a single mold. You can buy latex and silicone mold making kits at craft stores. For squid jigs, either one would work. I would be inclined to make a 2-part mold and then cast the hook and eye right into them, although, you may have better results with casting then gluing the hook/eye in. Another option would be to make a multi-jig mold. There are a lot of good sites for casting/mold making. For either method, you would need to start with some stripped down jigs to create your mold. This may mean destroying a perfectly good jig. Although, if you can't repair the destroyed jig, there is no chance you will be able to create one from scratch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Made Squid Jigs red 16 25,932 30-10-2017, 03:32 AM
Last Post: yogibearal
  Home Made Squid Jig Supplies glen 18 58,811 08-10-2014, 05:56 AM
Last Post: oldwolf
  Cone-Shaped Plastic Beads? barry 1 3,627 24-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Osman8