Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall run
OK there are squid in CT RI and MA around the docks with some pretty impressive catchs happening around all the docks and I don't see a single report here.   I guess Scott was right.

Quote:OK there are squid in CT RI and MA around the docks with some pretty impressive catchs happening around all the docks and I don't see a single report here.   I guess Scott was right.

I haven't gotten a chance to get out since back in June. As I was putting my kids backpacks in the car for school at 5 this morning, I looked up at the dark, moonless sky and thought, "I really need to get out squidding."
I went on Saturday night under the Newport Bridge on my boat. Got about 50 very small squids.  There is squid out there but very small.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:894]
 Still hammering them in Edgartown most of the night, Menemsha only on the high ends of the tide. Have had multiple nights of over a hundred in two hours over the last two weeks, all sizes from 3-14" tubes. Been a very good but slightly late fall run here on the Vinyard. I gotta go Friday, may try the Cape and CT on my way back to N.Y.

I was referring to all those regulars that I know read here all the time, but they wont post info.

Boston area is the worse.

No squid north of Boston. Beverly is loaded with smelts

tried to post some photos, but I can't seem to do so directly from my computer. Is this one of those forums where I would need to use a photo hosting site to post photos or is there a way to do so directly from my computer?? Squid were still hot in Edgartown Friday, don't have a report since the nor'easter.

Quote:tried to post some photos, but I can't seem to do so directly from my computer. Is this one of those forums where I would need to use a photo hosting site to post photos or is there a way to do so directly from my computer?? Squid were still hot in Edgartown Friday, don't have a report since the nor'easter.
Posting your pictures in the post, you must first add your pictures to the Gallery section of this forum.  

-Go to Gallery tab on the top, create new album, give it a name. Upload your pictures to your Album. Make sure it's in the correct orientation.  That's important to me!

-Write your post in the forum, then click on "My Media", next to the smilely, then Gallery Image, Select the image you want people to see. 

-You should see a preview of post with the pictures. That's it.  Good luck.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:897]
Great time squidding the Vinyard this fall!! Caught and released many small and ones too large to cast from the beach. Spring run on the island was poor, but this fall was great. Here's a few pics of a couple of good two hour catches. Striper fishing was quite poor again this fall, but we now have some 1400 fresh frozen squid for next spring/summer fishing.  Thank you very much tongvo for the photo loading instructions!!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:911]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:910]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:909]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:908]
Very nice catch. 

Squid still hitting good on the Vinyard, both in Menemsha and Edgartown!! Are they still around in CT and RI??

I'm a 'rookie squidder', know nothing about their habits - want to freeze a batch for next year's fluking. Can I still catch some off the town dock in Jerusalem, RI (entrance to the big pond)?  Can I catch some during the daytime?  Thanks for any help.   Dave G. //  Nov. 17

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hyannis Run 2023 IAMFISH 29 5,482 10-05-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SquidFox
  2018 northeast fall run Gilligan 4 1,737 20-04-2021, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Matsquidman
  2018 - MA Spring Squid Run - Red Hot Reel Good Charters 0 1,964 08-05-2018, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Reel Good Charters