Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinyard squid fall run
 Fall squid run has started on Martha's Vinyard with some great action in Edgartown the last few nights. My beach fishing partner and myself bagged around 200 a night for a couple of nights. (All from the docks) Mixed sizes from tiny 3&1/2" tubes up to huge 12' and larger tubes. Many 5-7" which is what we like for surf casting. We let the tiny ones go and gave the big ones to friends who like to stuff them although we did release some of the huge ones too. Heard reports of some being caught in Vinyard Haven but Menemsha has not had any in numbers yet. Any action on the cape or down Stonington way? Does anybody know where there are Naory Range hunters in 1.8B sizes left? Tomo says they have been discontinued by Yamashita and he has similar ones but no more originals. Those jigs are really hot around here!! Happy jigging to all----Gilligan

first squid report I've heard in over a month.   any on the main land

Still hammering the squid in Edgartown, close to fifty per hour or better. Got a supply of the newer Yamashita Naory RH jigs, size 1.8B from Tomo and they work as well as the originals. Outfishing most other squidders with four pound test and the Naorys.

Still good squidding in Edgartown. Squid showed up in good numbers and size in Menemsha finally. Got 'em every cast for fifty consecutive casts last night in Menemsha, was a little slower in Edgartown.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hyannis Run 2023 IAMFISH 29 5,480 10-05-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SquidFox
  2018 northeast fall run Gilligan 4 1,737 20-04-2021, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Matsquidman
  2018 - MA Spring Squid Run - Red Hot Reel Good Charters 0 1,964 08-05-2018, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Reel Good Charters