Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington's Pacific Coast
Is there any squid jigging that goes on the Pacific Coast of Washington. I'd be most interested in the Gray's harbor/Westport area. everything I read seems to be about Puget Sound.
[quote name='Guidesak' date='Jan 10 2005, 05:59 PM']Is there any squid jigging that goes on the Pacific Coast of Washington.  I'd be most interested in the Gray's harbor/Westport area.  everything I read seems to be about Puget Sound.

[right][post="3968"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi! I'm by far not the most knowlegable person, especially when it comes to squid, but I do know that squid are commercially caught out there. When, where, and how I simply do not know. However, in the pamphlet put out by the WDOF, called, 'The Tantalizing Squid", there is only mention of squid at Neah Bay in the month of May. maybe if you could contact some of the Westport commercial fishers they may be able to help you further :blink:

Good luck!!!

Dwayne
Thanks for the info.

I am moving from Alaska to that area in the next month or so and I am really interested in trying out squid fishing. I've done it on trips to Japan and Thailand and it was a blast as well as good food.

I've caught a enough salmon and trout to last a lifetime (though I always will go catch more) but I want to try some of the other fisheries I have never tried because I have lived in Alaska all my life.

If anyone as specifics about the Pacific Coastline, I'd appreciate any insight.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington State Squid fishing - 2017 Mustang 3 5,254 05-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Salmon King
  Pacific Northwest SQuID CSI Sarikka 2 5,359 15-12-2010, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Sarikka
  Puget Sound - Giant Pacific Octopus Fishing? shinchan 7 16,911 14-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Last Post: The Bee Keeper