Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington State Squid fishing - 2017
Hi everyone,

Am new to this type fishing.  Are there any piers, or park areas, on Whidbey Island which allows night fishing for squid ?  Seems every State run park closes at dusk.

Thanks

Comments on squid catches in other Puget Sound areas are welcome.  Please post comments if you catch any and where they were caught.

Anyone catching squid in the Port Angeles or Port Townsend areas ?  The market squid migration through those areas should have started by now.

Area 9 fishing opens this Sunday (16 July) so will try various jigs while fishing for salmon.

If you look on the WDFW page they have a map of typical squidding areas.  I'm on the Seattle side and go up to Edmonds, The Wheel (Seattle waterfront), or West Seattle (Alki).  Larry Cluster who is a local jig maker usually is down by Le Davies and Redondo piers near Tacoma/Federal way.  They get a lot of action down there as well.  The piers are pretty packed some days though - with no elbow room.  This year has been pretty good so far.  Some days are hotter than others, look at the tide and schedules.  There is also a facebook page that Larry started, with reports of folks catching.  Not familiar with the west side of the sound so may not be of much help.

Quote:Hi everyone,

Am new to this type fishing.  Are there any piers, or park areas, on Whidbey Island which allows night fishing for squid ?  Seems every State run park closes at dusk.

Thanks

I live in Penn Cove...

I talked with the folks at the ferry landing in Clinton last November.

They said there is a large number of “oriental” that come over on the ferry to squid on the pier next to the ferry.

What month I don't know but i would bet on September/October.

Ive been trying to nail down this same info for more than 4 years.

It has to be the best kept fishing secret in Puget Sound!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington's Pacific Coast Guest 2 5,883 12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Guest