Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lately?
awesome! look at the size of it! must of put up a good fight..

btw im talking about the the thong, :lol , only joking.

great catch.

Hey guys,

I've just moved to Sydney and went for my first Squiding attempt on the weekend. Caught a couple of decent sized squid, so was very happy. Hopefully it wasn't a first time fluke and my future trips are just as successful!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to Sydney Leuke! Nice catch! I have no doubt future trips will be successful Smile

We've just started squidding having learned on holidays in WA.  We've been giving the Port Hacking Lilli Pilli area a go and managed our first squid. It was about 10" not counting the legs. You can read about our adventures at http://catchingsquid.blogspot.com.au/

Happy for any tips. 

Went out today, been a couple weeks.

Managed 2 arrows, both very aggressive. 23cm and 16cm hoods.

Also caught a 38cm trevally and a 25cm bream in the session.
2 small arrows this weekend. 13 and 12 cm hoods. First experience of a squid following the jig up to the surface. I dropped the jig down 3 times before i was able to jag it. Very aggressive.

Still caught no calas, but I'm lookingSmile good luck guys
Dropped my first cala yesterday. Follow the jig all the way in and finally latches on. Got too excited and just wanted to pull it over the railing and dropped it. Should of netted it. Was at gunnamatta bay. Saw 3 or 4 small calas swimming around.

I've at least had one on now. Hopefully I can catch me first cala soon.
keep tryn buddy ur almost there

anyone getting anything decent lately?

Hi guys, New to squiding. anyway, I went to central coast, saw five squid from the wharf, tried few different jigs for half hour right in front of their faces but none was interested at all on my jigs, too busy on smashing schools of white baits. gave up until they left and new group of squids three of them came and tried again, manage to hook all three of them. sizes 20-25cm. 😄 btw, great sites with lots of great info. keep up the good works 👍