Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Squid ?
I went out tonight and managed 4 arrow squid and the wind was blowing also
went out tonight/thursday nite 5/9/13, very slow going, missed 2 sthn calas, 1 was mid 30's , and the other was high 20's low 30's.

my mate got 2 arrows n lost 1 arrow. and i ended with only 1 southern cala at 33cm. Cry

again one the 2.5 white yamashita jig. dont know if you can see but that jig is ruffly a month old and its absolutely trashed! half the cloth is ripped up.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/1e7y.jpg/'>[Image: 1e7y.jpg]</a>

Mate that's an awesome catch. Where abouts in western Sydney do you live we gotta go out together some time
went out saturday arvo/nite only managed a 28cm calamari, n a few arrows.

went out sunday arvo/nite got 2 arrows, another bloke managed 1 about 31cm and a few garfish. i might hit up a few garfish if there around but there just a pain in ass to catch.

[Image: 3rbe.jpg]

if anyone still chasing the big winter squid around sydney, they are very hard to find,  but not impossible even thou its early november, you still can get them, though catching em on a egi/prawn jig would another mission in itself, they're just intrested. your best option would try to entice them into a live yellowtail on the skewered prongs under a float. they just can't pass up fresh live bait.