The world's biggest, nicest and most helpful squid fishing community!!

Photo
- - - - -

Upcoming Giant Squid Exhibit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 14 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

Virginia Marine Science Museum

UPCOMING EXHIBITS 2006
In Search Of Giant Squid
May 27 – December 31, 2006

Featuring one of the most elusive and mysterious animals on the planet, In Search Of Giant Squid is an interactive, multimedia exhibit that invites visitors to join in the quest to observe this legend in the wild. Based on the enormously popular exhibition at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History, In Search Of Giant Squid explores what is known about these reclusive animals and scientists’ ongoing efforts to observe them in their undersea home. Visitors will examine the myths and legends surrounding giant squid, compare them with other squids and mollusks, explore what is known is of how they hunt, move, and defend themselves, and learn what scientists are doing to fill in the gaps in our understanding of their anatomy and behavior.

http://www.vmsm.com/...w_upcoming.html

#2 Chelsee

Chelsee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:59 AM

http://www.vmsm.com/...w_upcoming.html

I was also there a long time ago, I was amazed because of the size of this squid. Furthermore, at that time I see the amazement of people of this giant squid. Actually, It is the center of attraction. Event Tents.

#3 Billy28

Billy28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

Hey hi, I am a newbie to this forum. Havewitnessed some really nice and very interesting threads here, was actuallyabout to post my comment there but then thought why not to introduce myselffirst.
Hope will have a nice time here!

#4 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,339 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 14 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

hey billy! welcome aboard!!! :th