3 replies to this topic

#1 LipSnatcher

LipSnatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

hi,
my name is leon and i live in anchorage alaska. we used to fish all over the state, but now have settled in Prince William Sound.
we have a 26' LC Osprey, aka "LipSnatcher". we fish halibut, rockfish, and do a lot of shrimping. PWS is suppose to have squid, I did a search for fishing for them and found this site.
anyway, i am off to post in the fishing ??? area, cause i sure have a few. i am the self proclaimed dumbest of the dummies... hehehe when it comes to squid fishing.

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

hi lipsnatcher!

welcome to the site!!!! i hope that some of the US members can help you to locate some Alaskan squid very soon!

happy fishing, cheers, glen :th

#3 LipSnatcher

LipSnatcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:49 AM

hi glen,
i have gotten a little info on the squid in prince william sound. a person i know on the alaska fishing site says our freind Luke catches them in 1800'.
i don't want any of that action, unless they are good size. my wife and i are just getting started with the deeeeeep sea fishing. we have been 3 times and caught 4 fish. not what we were targeting, but i don't care :th
it looks like the squid fishing will be done next summer. winter is near and i think i'll put up the boat very soon.
thanks for the reply
leon

#4 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

wow! 1800 foot is pretty deep! are the squid right on the sea floor?

i don't think i would have enough fishing line to reach them!

hope you manage to catch some squid soon!

all the best, glen :th