• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jake

Jake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

Hey everyone, Ill start by saying Ive read allot of the posts on this site but not all. I think it sounds like a blast catching squid so im going to give it a whirl. I will post frequently about how I do and probably ask many people questions. like Are there squid in the southwest washinton area?(Ilwaco). Do I need to drive north neer Saettle? I am a Coast Guard guy and get stationed in a differant spot every three to four years so much of my fishing knowledge gets trashed and relearned for new fishing methods each time I move.

Thanks

V/R

Jake

#2 squidjigdotcom

squidjigdotcom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Fishing of course!!!!! I market and sell a wide variety of squid jigs and some other fishing supplies. My website is www.squidjig.com

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

Hey everyone, Ill start by saying Ive read allot of the posts on this site but not all. I think it sounds like a blast catching squid so im going to give it a whirl. I will post frequently about how I do and probably ask many people questions. like Are there squid in the southwest washinton area?(Ilwaco). Do I need to drive north neer Saettle? I am a Coast Guard guy and get stationed in a differant spot every three to four years so much of my fishing knowledge gets trashed and relearned for new fishing methods each time I move.

Thanks

V/R

Jake

Hi Jake,
I haven't heard of anything specific in your area. Likely though you can find them at night out on the Ocean in your area though. For Washington, it's generally the Puget Sound area for sports fishing. However out on the coast, you can find the Humboldt Squid right now.....

Jon
WWW.SQUIDJIG.COM Seattle, Washington, USA
Home of the World Famous Martinetti Squid Jigs

#3 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum! ;)

cheers, glen :)

#4 johnv

johnv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:lots of fishin

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

g-day Jake welcome hope u enjoy the site

cheers johnv