Coffs Harbour, NSW

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fishordie

fishordie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests: fishing, Riding my GSXR1100, fishing,drinking while fishing and then spending time with my family

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

gday all my name is mark I live in Coffs Harbour, own my own auto electrical business and have been looking into squid fishing for a while but haven't had any success around here as of yet I have only tried land based fishing so far but as soon as this rain shoots through I will get out into the deep blue and give that a go awesome site from what I have seen so far look forward to talking more to you all and as it looks like you all don't mind answering questions I am sure to ask plenty thnx guys/girls

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

hi mark,

welcome to the forum! i hope we can answer your questions,

tight lines,

cheers, glen :)

#3 fishordie

fishordie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests: fishing, Riding my GSXR1100, fishing,drinking while fishing and then spending time with my family

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:48 AM

thanks mate

#4 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:40 PM

bump. If anyone can help out fishordie that would be appreciated.

cheers, glen

#5 fishordie

fishordie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

thanks Glen I'm not holding my breath since most people seem to be south of me just thought someone may have holidayed here or around here and given it a go my main question is do you catch them all around oz or are they mainly southern waters

#6 fish'n'chippy

fish'n'chippy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:fishing

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

i've caught them as far up the QLD coast as Hinchenbrook Island
(between townsville and cairns)

fish'n'chippy

#7 fishordie

fishordie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

thnx mate just didn't want to be wasting my time as there doesn't seem to be many people around here who squid

#8 ru 12 mug

ru 12 mug

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

MAYBE THEY JUST DONT KNOW THAT THEY'RE THERE.... COULD BE WORTH A LOOK AT THE HARBOUR AS IT'S OPEN TO THE SEA???
R U 1 2 MUG
make squid your friend...then bag them

#9 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yeah I think squid are in most places. For example, in NZ barely anyone goes squid fishing. But the squid are still there!