2 replies to this topic

#1 squidlet31

squidlet31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

:rolleyes: Ok, next to squidding my other obsession is food and lately that means trawling through all the recipes i can find on the net and
Here's one i found this morning that sounds pretty simple and i can't wait to try it next time i catch squid! if you catch one before me and decide to give this a go, let me know how it went. By the way i found this on Saveur.com

Calamari_on_Pasta.jpg

Ingredients
1 1⁄2 lbs. squid, cleaned
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 28-oz. can tomato sauce
1 cup white wine
1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Salt
1 lb. linguini or spaghetti
Freshly ground black pepper

Method:

1. Cut squid bodies into 1⁄2" "rings." If the tentacles are large, cut them in half vertically. Set aside.

2. Heat olive oil and butter together in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, 1⁄4 cup water, and white wine. Cook sauce over high heat for 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens.

3. Add all but 1 tbsp. of the parsley to the tomato sauce, lower heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add linguini or spaghetti and cook until tender (time will vary according to freshness of pasta, but it should take at least 7 minutes). Drain well, shaking colander gently to remove excess moisture.

5. Add calamari to tomato sauce, then remove pan from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the drained pasta and toss well. To serve, garnish with remaining parsley.

Hope you like it. :(
ahh... you made me ink!

#2 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,349 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

looks very tasty! thanks for sharing!!!

#3 pisces_australis

pisces_australis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

:rolleyes: Ok, next to squidding my other obsession is food and lately that means trawling through all the recipes i can find on the net and
Here's one i found this morning that sounds pretty simple and i can't wait to try it next time i catch squid! if you catch one before me and decide to give this a go, let me know how it went. By the way i found this on Saveur.com

Calamari_on_Pasta.jpg

Ingredients
1 1⁄2 lbs. squid, cleaned
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 28-oz. can tomato sauce
1 cup white wine
1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
Salt
1 lb. linguini or spaghetti
Freshly ground black pepper

Method:

1. Cut squid bodies into 1⁄2" "rings." If the tentacles are large, cut them in half vertically. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil and butter together in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, 1⁄4 cup water, and white wine. Cook sauce over high heat for 5 minutes, until it reduces and thickens.
3. Add all but 1 tbsp. of the parsley to the tomato sauce, lower heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add linguini or spaghetti and cook until tender (time will vary according to freshness of pasta, but it should take at least 7 minutes). Drain well, shaking colander gently to remove excess moisture.
5. Add calamari to tomato sauce, then remove pan from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the drained pasta and toss well. To serve, garnish with remaining parsley.

Hope you like it. :)

Thanks for that looks yummo..............what time shall we rock up ???? :(
Cheers Ian