Happy New Year From Squidfish.net

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glen

glen

Squidfish Site Administrator

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hi everyone,

I just got back from a trip to New Zealand so that is why I have been absent from the forum for the last couple of weeks. I spent most of my time trout fishing in the rivers and lakes of the south island.

I went on one occasion for australian salmon (known as khawai in new zealand) at the mouth of the Waimakariri river near christchurch but had no luck. Though I had some fun catching pippies on lure! How can you catch a pippy on a lure?? Well yes I was laughing my head off...As the lure dragged along the bottom, the treble hook must have dragged through the shells and the pippy then clamped their bivalve shells onto the hook! I started to drag the lure along the bottom deliberately and started catching 2 at a time! Who would have thought! Anyway I should have taken a photo!

A few trout photos will have to do instead!

I hope you all have a great year in 2006 and hope that the squidfish community will continue to grow and prosper.

All the very best to you and your families,

Cheers, Glen :th

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6003aa.jpg
  • IMG_6016aa.JPG
  • IMG_6083aa.jpg

#2 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Squid fishing! and of course maintaining this website! I have been squid fishing since this website started up about 15 years ago. I hope you enjoy using the chat board!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

Hi guys,

Here is a pic of the biggest trout I have caught to date in a river (from New Zealand of course)...All fish were released to fight another day :(

Cheers, Glen

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6280xx.jpg

#3 Scitt

Scitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:00 PM

Congrats Glen looks like a whopper.

Regards

Scott

#4 glen

glen

• Admin
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

just over 6 pounds...i was a very happy camper... :(

#5 supersquid

supersquid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:squid fishing General fishing, cars boats camping. have fished for squid for over 35 years learning most of the secrets from my dad who was a remarkable squid fisho.I also enjoy fishing for garfish and King George Whiting

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

Nice fish Glen well done