Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Shore Squid 2014
Hey Guys -

I never tried squid fishing before but all the rumors say Boston Harbor is thick with squid . I'm going to give it a try this week . Any advice to get me started . I might start over at nut island . I will be fishing from a boat and do have a squid light .  

The squid are starting to show back up in numbers at Beverly but you got to catch the tides right!

Thinking of Squiding in Boston tonight . Any leads ? 

Quote:The squid are starting to show back up in numbers at Beverly but you got to catch the tides right!
I concur, I was able to pull 11 last night, mostly small with 2 or 3 biggies mixed in.  I'm also seeing more schools swimming near the surface which most of the time ignore your jig but sometimes with some aggressive jigging they spring into action and investigate the lure.  Luckily it's Friday so hopefully they will continue their increase in numbers.  Good luck out there.
Quote:I concur, I was able to pull 11 last night, mostly small with 2 or 3 biggies mixed in.  I'm also seeing more schools swimming near the surface which most of the time ignore your jig but sometimes with some aggressive jigging they spring into action and investigate the lure.  Luckily it's Friday so hopefully they will continue their increase in numbers.  Good luck out there.
I was seeing the same thing Scott. They completely ignored my lure also. But i got a few, Good luck tonight bud!
I ended up with 14 last night, pulling 8 or 9 of those in a 5 minute period in a different spot on the pier than I normally go.  I was there today around 3pm and pulled 8 in about a half hour.  Looks like things are picking up, 

Pulled another 16 last night, many coming late once everybody left, 3:30 am-ish.  Mostly medium to small with 3 or 4 being in the 10" to 12" range.  It's currently pouring rain out which I'm sure won't help out squid fishing tonight.  Also tried a live squid under a bobber for an hour or so with no takers.  Good luck out there.

How goes the battle boys? I haven't been squiding in about a week. Scott any signs of life at the pier lately?

Quote:How goes the battle boys? I haven't been squiding in about a week. Scott any signs of life at the pier lately?
Howdy, it's actually picking up down there.  I pulled 80+ Friday night :O and Saturday night I went down for a couple hours to catch some striper bait and pulled 28 in about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  There were points Friday night that as soon as the jig hit the water they were on it.  I actually tried to post it early Saturday morning but it wouldn't let me use the picture I took of the squid so I deleted the whole post in disgust lol.  Word around town says there are stripers in the area.  I pulled a few in the 25" and 26" range Saturday afternoon using squid.  Still searching for my first keeper of the season!  (As a tear rolls down my cheek Smile)  Good luck out there.
So how does this site work?  I post what I'm catching, everybody lurks...runs down to the pier...trashes the place and nobody else shares how they're doing?  ................my last post..................

Oh Boy here we go again.  Maybe the PM would be best way to share info with a certain group.

Just got back from pt judith and squid is poor down there.  Black sea bass and big fluke is still

holding up pretty good

Sorry Scott

Quote:Oh Boy here we go again.  Maybe the PM would be best way to share info with a certain group.

Just got back from pt judith and squid is poor down there.  Black sea bass and big fluke is still

holding up pretty good

Sorry Scott
Sorry to be a drag Janz, I've just never been a member of a forum that nobody responds to yet I know PLENTY read it.  Not much point in a one way relationship.  Feel free to come up here, though I know it's a haul for you.  I haven't been in a couple days but it was picking up nicely so I assume it still is, who knows.  I'll probably give it a try tomorrow night.  Good luck out there.
Quote:Sorry to be a drag Janz, I've just never been a member of a forum that nobody responds to yet I know PLENTY read it.  Not much point in a one way relationship.  Feel free to come up here, though I know it's a haul for you.  I haven't been in a couple days but it was picking up nicely so I assume it still is, who knows.  I'll probably give it a try tomorrow night.  Good luck out there.

. Sorry Scott my truck blew a piston and i haven't been able to go anywhere! It's driving me nutz! I think this forum is open source to the public to view. I heard it's been tight fishing down there. Hopefully I can get down there soon
Quote: 

. Sorry Scott my truck blew a piston and i haven't been able to go anywhere! It's driving me nutz! I think this forum is open source to the public to view. I heard it's been tight fishing down there. Hopefully I can get down there soon
LOL, the funny thing is you and Janz are the two people that do respond on this forum so I'm actually not talking about you guys so no need for you guys to be sorry.  Now I've gone and made 2 posts after I said it was my last one.  I'm out, see you guys down the pier.
Scott if you still check board check your PM please

Janz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Shore Massachusetts Squid 2018 ReelSaltyAngler 57 13,409 07-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Last Post: briscola
  2017 North Shore Squid battam 65 13,778 11-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Last Post: FatTuna
  North shore Long Island spring fishery? Calamariaddict 0 1,507 23-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Calamariaddict