Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Ri 2013 Squid Season
Well seeing that there are so many squid still hanging around in the canal, I can only attribute it to abundance of food. The invasive species of euro shrimp is in mass waters. There has been an unusually high amount if baitfish around so where there us good thre will be predators. If the squid have no reason to move from mass waters why would they?
Quote:This is the worst of worst year for squid fishing so far for RI.

I think squid fishing in RI is over. Don't know what's going on, but in my opinion climate change is the key to that god damn squid change behavior.

And I heard somebody clean that god damn squid, in side of marina's restroom at cape.

After that incident, marina office starting to restricting squid or any kind of fishing from that marina.

Sorry for my language, but I feel like to say something for that stupid incident.
Unfortunately that's all it takes!! One stupid incident will ruin it for everyone. I did a lot of hunting years ago on Aquidneck Island, Middletown/Portsmouth, and some fool started shooting near homes and that ruined it for the rest of us. Fishing/squiding is no different. There are stupid/inconsiderate people everywhere!!
If a stupid driver comes down the road and hits a bunch of
parked cars, do we close the road to all drivers? Its just
an easy way of avoiding any extra work because there's people
fishing there now. Should have never closed it just increase
frequency of patrols and toss those out that are causing problems.
Well, let me put it this way.

Are you dare to using none sense causing so much treble for yourself and others?

Most of guys or lady what so ever won't doing it because it's wrong.

But it actually happens, because some brave moron don't care about others.

I wouldn't let any of this moron near me, cause I don't want to put my self in treble.
Quote:If a stupid driver comes down the road and hits a bunch of

parked cars, do we close the road to all drivers? Its just

an easy way of avoiding any extra work because there's people

fishing there now. Should have never closed it just increase

frequency of patrols and toss those out that are causing problems.
well I understand what you talking about but that bad driver get fine or prison time if they convicted ( learn lessons) but when it comes down to doing squid fishing or what so ever on my private property. I wouldn't let anyone come close to my property because one incident is enough!
Hey guys, squid have arrived in numbers here on the Vinyard. They have been fairly thick in Menemsha and Edgartown. Been fishing the docks, got 80 in Menemsha last night and my buddy bagged 60 quick in Edgartown. Big ones in Edgartown, and mixed sizes in Menemsha. I think it will get hot here for a couple of weeks, the fall run seems to finally have started.

Hey guy

Let me know " any squid at middle town"
35° water temp in Newport...only 20° more before inkers show up...lol

Bitch of a winter so far, lets hope this weather warms soon or we could be looking at another late start. Can't be worse than 2013 though, can it?

Admin, when do you plan on starting the 2014 threads?

Hi everyone, I have created a new topic for 2014:

http://www.squidfish.net/forums/index.ph...id-season/

Cheers, Glen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newport Ri 2016 Squid Season glen 223 75,487 08-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Matsquidman
  Newport Ri 2015 Squid Season glen 462 104,150 12-01-2016, 11:11 PM
Last Post: glen
  Newport Ri 2014 Squid Season glen 385 82,064 02-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Last Post: glen