Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Shore Squid - 2015
Sorry, been in California since the 17th, but people telling me they're taking them from Salem willows.. Haven't heard any recent news out of Beverly, but if they're in Salem, they should be catchable in Beverly...
Long Days and Pleasant Nights !
They are around but the last time I went they were all tiny. 

Past two weeks there have been 90% baby-sized squid in the evening and during the night in Beverly.  The numbers have been decreasing over those two weeks.

Saturday night -- A lot of people in Beverly but very few squid.

Any squid around recently? 

Plenty in Beverly... I usually go before work, around sunup... Some nice big ones lately
Quote:Plenty in Beverly... I usually go before work, around sunup... Some nice big ones lately
Thanks for the heads up. That's good to hear. The last time I went it was all tiny squid. I was going to go tonight but I got a text to go offshore. I'd like to try rigging some big dead squid for bait one of these days. 
Btw, does anyone know how squid mark on a fishfinder? Last October we were having all our baits eaten alive. Turns out it was by monster squid. I dropped a string of jigs down and caught a few monster squid. They were in deep water. Caught them during the day and night.

Around here, I don't see many people fishing for squid outside of piers. Anyone know a good technique for catching out in the ocean? I'd like to try rigging some live. 

Yours is the blue boat?? Do you have a live well on it? If yes, I'd be happy to give you some live ones, I'll be on the pier most mornings this week... PM me, we can set up a time...
No that is not my boat. I know what boat you are talking about. I fish on a friends boat out of Gloucester. 

Very slow in Beverly last night from 8:00 - 11:30.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North Shore Massachusetts Squid 2018 ReelSaltyAngler 57 13,409 07-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Last Post: briscola
  2017 North Shore Squid battam 65 13,778 11-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Last Post: FatTuna
  North shore Long Island spring fishery? Calamariaddict 0 1,507 23-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Calamariaddict