Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget Sound, WA (2014 season)
Hi everyone,

Please post about the 2014 season for Puget Sound, WA in this thread.

Thanks and happy squidding!

Cheers, Glen

Hopefully the 2014 season will bring me more luck than the 2013 season.
Curious, seems like Summer season 2014 is already to a hot start!?!? I've have not fish it yet but somebody said already getting summer squid limits in Seattle?!?!?1 

Don't know about seattle but i saw lots of squid both times that I've been two edmonds in the past 2-3 weeks. Managed to get about 10 last saturday.

I was just starting to think about getting back out there and see how it is.  I'm in the south end so will start trying Des Moines, Redondo, Dash Point and Les Davis.  Will report back as I find the time to try each spot.  Dash Point is a tough one in the summer because they close the pier by the time it's dark.

I was thinking about taking the kids quid jigging this weekend (never been, so I'm a super newbie).  Salmon has been too slow to justify fuel, so we're changing things up and trying something new.  We're in the Port Townsend/Sequim area, and curious how the squid fishing has been, as well as any tips you'd be willing to share.

Squidding in Bremerton is HOT now! People catching 8-9 inch Jumbos and filling their buckets.  How is Settle waterfront? Has anyone been out there?  This could be a good year....

Think I'll head to either Des Moines or Bremerton Saturday and let y'all know how I do.

Beep all the beps!
squids are starting to show at Des Moines Marina. managed to take home about 4-5lbs
Happy Squidding!!!
I was only at the pier for 1 small school, got a couple. Do the Des Moines marina security guys ticket you if you're parked by the fishing pier after 10? Seemed like I was leaving as it was getting good.

Beep all the beps!
After 10:00pm you can be assured that if you don't have a parking permit. YOUR car can be towed at owner's expense or be issued a citation ticket for parking without a permit. Permit cost $10.75. Ticket cost $240.00.
Happy Squidding!!!
It's not the security guys check the parking lot. The city of Des Moines Police themselves are actively checking right after 10:00pm. If you parked at the north parking lot you need a parking pass. Warning signs are posted everywhere in the parking lot and at the entrance stating North Parking lot is closed after 10:00pm and you need a parking permit to be able to park after that time.
Happy Squidding!!!
Quote:After 10:00pm you can be assured that if you don't have a parking permit. YOUR car can be towed at owner's expense or be issued a citation ticket for parking without a permit. Permit cost $10.75. Ticket cost $240.00.

Quote:It's not the security guys check the parking lot. The city of Des Moines Police themselves are actively checking right after 10:00pm. If you parked at the north parking lot you need a parking pass. Warning signs are posted everywhere in the parking lot and at the entrance stating North Parking lot is closed after 10:00pm and you need a parking permit to be able to park after that time.

Ah, I never realized you could get a permit! I'll have to do that; leaving at 10 is a bummer when everyone is pulling in squid. 

On another note, was there last night for about 2.5 hours. It was pretty slow; managed about 15. The wind didn't help.
Beep all the beps!
Yup you can purchase your permit upstairs at the marina office.
Happy Squidding!!!
The Pink Salmon aren't running this year so hopefully there will be more squid without them gobbling them up!  LOL...thinking of hitting Redondo tomorrow evening and giving it the first shot of the year.

Des Moines thursday was hot. Lots of people there but even more squid. Left with 2-3 pounds in just a couple hours 

Thinking aboot heading out tonight to try some new jigs; how's everybody been doing?

Beep all the beps!
Well, the new jigs work alright. Got 14 last night; was a little slow, but a nice night to be out.

Beep all the beps!
Sloooooow last night at des moines. 

Beep all the beps!
Edmonds was very slow while I was there last night. Didn't get any and only saw 3 caught from 9PM-10PM.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,774 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2015 season) glen 66 21,433 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget sound, WA (2013 season) Chromesteel 209 48,301 11-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Last Post: glen