Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget sound, WA (2013 season)
Headed out to les Davis in a little will report back with the findings
[quote name='Chromesteel' timestamp='1356991886' post='25522']

Anyone know where to pick up some good jigs around Tacoma area?

[/quote]

The Pt. Defiance bait shop sells squid candy jigs. So does Narrows Marina. I use them with Red's jigs from Ted's up in Lynnwood. That's a good combo I use along with Yoda's jigs out of Seattle. Sportco might have some other types of jigs as well.
[quote name='Chromesteel' timestamp='1356999339' post='25523']

Headed out to les Davis in a little will report back with the findings

[/quote]

So how was it? I will be there this evening. Right at or maybe a little after high tide. Probably going to try steilacom ferry dock in the early am. Maybe 5-8 or so. Also you can get jigs at sportco in fife. If your there soon after they get their delivery, there is a nice selection
Sorry for late report it wasn't that good got a couple lbs. My buddy is out there tonight waiting to find out last time I heard from him he had just 1.
My buddy just left and said he had 3 and it was really slow, mojority of the people was leaving too.
Des Moines marina is always hot managed to go home with 5-6lbs last night. am goin back tonight.
Happy Squidding!!!
alright, well, i wasnt able to go yesterday or this morning, so im going this afternoon no doubt!! maybe tomorrow after the sun comes up as well.
Les Davis from 3-5:30. 4 squid. Lol. Had to leave early but as soon as the sun finally set at about 5, the people next to me we're killin em. Double after double
Long time listener, first time caller.

Des Moines Marina last night (1/3/2013) Didn't catch a thing but I am a newbie. Others landed a few, nothing major. Adjusting my tact and hitting it again soon.
Recommendations on where to go tonight? Tried Edmonds last night, rain chased me at 9:30. Saw maybe 12 caught in the three hours I was there.
Fished edmonds Friday and today. Friday zero squid but 20 Herring, today zero Herring, a squid and an octopus.

I think season over up north. Now I just have to find something to do until shrimp season starts up... Ugh, gonna be a boring 5 months.

What does everyone here fish for when squid are gone? I'm a trout guy myself, don't really have the gear/money for salmon. I was thinking about making a day trip to go smelt fishing.
anyone know of some places to get jigs and fish around the bremerton area.
[quote name='horsechief' timestamp='1357599461' post='25537']

anyone know of some places to get jigs and fish around the bremerton area.

[/quote]

Try getting from this guy. He makes good jigs at a great price.

yoda_i_yoda@yahoo.com
[quote name='liam' timestamp='1357534627' post='25536']

Fished edmonds Friday and today. Friday zero squid but 20 Herring, today zero Herring, a squid and an octopus.

I think season over up north. Now I just have to find something to do until shrimp season starts up... Ugh, gonna be a boring 5 months.

What does everyone here fish for when squid are gone? I'm a trout guy myself, don't really have the gear/money for salmon. I was thinking about making a day trip to go smelt fishing.

[/quote]

Where do you go for smelts?
I was going to go to cornet bay at deception pass tomorrow, but it'll be too cold for my 1 year old. So instead I'm gonna try for flounder at edmonds or Mukilteo instead. Next weekend I'll try for steelhead before the season is through.

So sad there no fishery for feb-apr

But yeah, I'll be at Edmonds tomorrow for flounder and then one last night for squid even though the last 4-5 weekends have gotten me pretty much nothing on the squid front.
Went to Edmonds last night, caught about 15 in 3 hours. Not too bad
new glow in the dark top jig for 2013    
I am taking a bunch of boys out for their first experience, but it sounds like the season is drawing down. Any recommendations for Pier 86 versus Edmonds? Also, is there such a thing as too much light? I am planning to use several construction lights - about 1500W total - to get a wide field. Should this be a good attractant?
I wouldn't go to Edmonds, I've had very little luck there recently.

1500 of halogen is fine, probably overkill. Most people use a 1000 watt halogen.

Elliot bay probably fine, but wherever you go, get there at sunset and stay at least a few hours. Squid come in schools, so you have to be there with your jig in the water in order to catch some when they come through.

I'll be at Edmonds on Friday night probably, but that's just because I hate driving all the way to Seattle.

Just got done making some new jigs, lost 6 of mine in the last few weeks and was running low.

All glow, all have holographic glitter, some have prism tape, some are squid candy style.

Can't wait to try the bigger spyder hook ones out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,774 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2015 season) glen 66 21,434 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget Sound, WA (2014 season) glen 57 18,096 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: glen