Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget Sound, WA (2014 season)
10 lbs
10 Pounds!!!
Yeah I got ten pounds on Saturday
Yes, Where are you catching these limits. Camradere between squidders is a good thing, since the squid come, and then they are gone. I have always told the location, tide, and  date with any catch I have gotten.

You've made two post this year and only one was actually about puget sound squidding, in which you didn't catch.

My question to you is what makes you think you are so entitled to know where everyone is catching their limits at? You come off demanding in asking us for information you want saying you post location, tide, and time when you get catches. The problem is, you haven't contributed any useful information to us at all this year, and are expecting us to share our info we have worked for. Strike one

For future reference, don't ask anything from someone you won't ask of yourself. Your one post about squidding this year on November did NOT include (like your previous post suggests) the day, time, location, or tide when you went out and caugh nothing. But you post right above saying you include all this each post. Wrong. Strike two.

Next, never try to tell other people they need to tell you where they fish just bc you do. If everyone opened their mouth on a public Internet forum telling everyone which dock they were at catching limits at... it wouldn't take too long to have 50 plus people out trying to out compete you for your spot and squid. Strike three, and no info from me
Next time maybe go try squidding somewhere, report your catch results here, and compare your results to how everyone else did. If everyone else is catching, and you arent... Switch it up. This may mean finding different places to squid at, if no one is catching anything where you are at. Or perhaps changing your jigs/jigging techniques if you are the only one on your dock not catching. Remember, this is still a form of fishing, and just bc the squid are there one night, doesn't mean they will be back there the next. Keep trying and if others see you are making an effort, they may be more encouraged to help you out.

Took me over 15 years of hardcore squidding every year to gain the information I've aquired on this fishery. Put in some real effort instead of looking for the Internet hand out and you'll be just fine.
Okay guys. Need to watch the language! This is suppose to be a family friendly forum! Now for the fishing, there maybe 15 User Accounts on here but there is MANY people only hear to find the squid! I was alone at one pier 2 years ago, got my limit. Then posted my info here. Nextnight, 50 people were there, alias... squidding sucked! But people need to realize it's nice to get info to improve our fishing ability BUT if squidding is good at a certain place, you wouldn't share, especially this year. It's an odd here, limits one night, daytime squid the next. Then flooding happens and after it clears, it's slow. 3 dsys later BAM....Limit. NOW, ot would have kindly been respected to PM the folks who got limits instead of calling each other out and using offensive language on a FRIENDLY FAMILY FORUM!!
No one used any bad language buddy.
One guy did but was removed last night after I posted my post.
That was me. I deleted my post and sent squidman1 a PM thanking him for the reminder. Let's get back to the squidding boys.
5lbs in seattle a few nights ago. success on all colors and sizes of jig, even my crummy homemade ones! 

Great job steel, it's a great year to get out there
Got my limit of afternoon daytime squid in about an hour! Big Grin
Limited on steelhead instead today
Finally tore myself away from the rivers to hit my favorite piers (Federal Way / Tacoma areas) this past weekend, and I'm glad I did, although I see what others are saying about a mixed bag.

Saturday morning, caught high tide at 4:30am and had a great morning.  Went home with about 5 pounds in 3 hours.  BIG squid!  Caught my biggest one yet that morning.  Fried them up yesterday...deeeeelicious!

Sunday morning was a different story.  Started at 5:30am and switched to another pier that fishes well in the daylight once the sun was up.  Both piers were rough. Very high winds and choppy water.  Stronger current than Saturday as well.  Was not a very productive day.  Caught about 20 or so and then threw in the towel.  Was very slow.

I'll be back out there more often though...love them JUMBOS!

[Image: SquidRedondoDecember2014bigjumbos_zpsdc1473b4.jpg]

[Image: SquidRedondoDecember2014sinkfullofjumbos...97e253.jpg]

Killed it man, well done
    Last  night in Tacoma just before high tide about 20, a few jumbos. Going a little earlier today.

Hi everyone,

I am closing this thread because I have created a new one for 2015. See below:

http://www.squidfish.net/forums/index.ph...15-season/

Happy squidding,

Glen

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,776 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2015 season) glen 66 21,435 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget sound, WA (2013 season) Chromesteel 209 48,303 11-03-2014, 02:00 PM