Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget Sound, WA (2012 Season)
I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I'm working that evening. Might be able to make it up there after 10:00P.

Stopped by Edmonds to have a look see around 10:20PM last night. There were a few people squidding. But, it didn't look too productive. One gal even had lights.

The seal hanging about mayhave had something to do with it.
Hit pier 86 last night. It was windy and unproductive. Checked out th aquarium pier and pier 70. No one was at the aquarium and one guy was fishing at pier 70. He said it was slow... Real slow.
Report for 9/7 and 9/8 Friday went to edmonds guy had a generator! he got about 5 pounds myself got 4 squid and my friend got about 23! Unforetuantely, i was at a Event at Edmonds Amtrak till 1am waiting for train 516 which was 5 1/2 hours late! King tut loco was on the consist with an extra due to Mechanical problems! Anyways running back and forth! Schools were going through till seal came into the lights and dove deep! Saturday: Showed up late same crew was there with more extra people sat. i got 0 squid after a few hours! my friend got 7 and other guy may have 2 pounds prior of me and my friend leaving! Squidding on friday and sat again this week! Elliot bay is having a current good run! Especially at Seacrest!
They came in around 9pm at Port Angeles and the seal chased them off at 2am. The guy next to me was slaughtering them. I couldn't hook any. O'well. Had fun. He gave me twenty of his so I didn't come home empty handed. I did catch 12 before the seal came in. The guy was using a homemade jig. It worked great. Going back tonight. How long do they run?

Need sleep.... :0)
Hit the aquarium pier last night. Still slow. Caught a few here and there but not like last year. Went to Pier 86 later on. Same story. In an hour I caught one.

Others did a little better. Saw quite a few of them swimming about. But, they had plenty of baitfish to feed on so they probably weren't interested in my jig.
So I was told not to say anything BUT! all im saying is 2.8 pounds and 45 squid! (GIVING NO SPECIFICS) *Now I never said where or when, I just said how muched they weight and how many I got! SHHHHH! 2012 SEASON IS HERE BABY!!!!!!!
Went to SHilshole my dad caught 2, I caught 7. Other fellow got a few! I was told its REALLY HOT at 86?!
Went out to Edmonds 3 generators were there with 5 lights. a few here and there! i got 4 slow
Had a small school circle the Port Angeles pier about every 10 -15 minutes from 8:30 to 10. Couldn't hook any. Then around 10 a big school came in. I caught 5 before the seal scattered them. Didn't see them come back.
Went to edmonds last night. guy got about 20 and i got 2!
[quote name='Squidman1' timestamp='1348423887' post='24947']

Went to edmonds last night. guy got about 20 and i got 2!

[/quote]

Just like ice fishing! The guy in the hole next to you is catching fish but your not! LOL

That happened to me a week ago. My buddy caught 40 and I got 3 or 4.

He was using homemade jigs.

:0)
Went to Edmonds from 7-10pm i got 20 and my friend got 12! my 20 went 1 pound 12 ounces and hers was under a pound!
Hit aquarium pier last night from 10:40 to 1:00AM. Not too much going on. Caught 7.

Thinking about Edmonds or Mukilteo tonight.

The only squid I saw last night was in the mouth of a seal. How long does the run last?

Construction going on at the Port Angeles pier so don't know if we can get to the water tonight. Heard they are moving the floating dock to it's winter location.
Nothing at Port Angeles last night. The run must be over. :0(
the run is technically NOT over all year round season! But the winter run for you whitewolf maybe over! But it's just starting for me and others in the puget sound area!
[quote name='Squidman1' timestamp='1348688973' post='24958']

the run is technically NOT over all year round season! But the winter run for you whitewolf maybe over! But it's just starting for me and others in the puget sound area!

[/quote]

Yeah thats what I was seeing on the State site. They were making their way to the South sound. If I had a boat and a lantern I'm sure I could get more. It's at the PA pier that it seems to be over. Can't complain, I have 80 in the freezer! Dungeness opens the 16th for Coho so need freezer space for that. :0)
So surpirse to see the squidders in Downtown Seattle, anyways heres the report!

Shilshole A dock: quite a few squid. Most were caught on the surface, or tap tap tap! Set the hook! got about 1 pound miss alot! 1 other fellow here fishing!

Pier 86: by the time i got here it was about 11PM and saw about 15 squidders, saw 2 bucks with MAYBE 5 pounds! i got about 4 there! Also a school kept circling!

Pier 69: whole rail was full except for one spot! saw quite a few get pulled up! and had a school come by! when i had my 1st squid, i was just reeling up to light my jigs, then bam! caught about 4 here! So I got 1 pound 10 ounces for the night!
went to Shilshole, saw a handful no takers!

went to 69: lots of people and a school came through. later on i got decent size guys and miss ALOT! buddy Blake got about 6 pounds! going to tomorrow, lol Tightlines all!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,825 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2015 season) glen 66 21,505 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget Sound, WA (2014 season) glen 57 18,169 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: glen