Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget Sound, WA (2015 season)
Hey everyone, 

I recently found out about squid fishing around Seattle and my friends and I are looking to try our hands at squid jigging while on break from school. Does anyone have any advice for some young rookies? I was wondering what time of day and tide works best around downtown Seattle. I would be very grateful for any advice from an experienced squid fisher.

Which end of the pier
Wherever you find the lights
Yes Edmonds was smoking hot I got there at 545 thinking I was plenty early to get a good spot oh boy was I wrong it was already shoulder to shoulder from one end to the other squid were flying over the rail as fast as they could get there line in the water only problem is u had to have a decent spot if not u were not doing as well as others in those good spots but I still managed 5 lbs of squid and I was in a horrible spot only had 20 min of constant bites but other spots were catching all night long and never stopped good luck out there and u might wanna be there at 4 to get a great spot
Squid at Edmonds last night and still on fire! Right after sunset it was fast and furious. I got 7 pounds
Hi everybody!

Name is Terry and I live on Whidbey (North end of the island).

I've never fished for squid before but I sure like to eat them!

Anyway...I have 1 squid jig (double glow green), and I ordered a submersible light (90led, 250 lumens) from WalMart to help get me started.

In my area there are no deep water piers (they are only about 15-20' max.) and none of them have any lighting (the reason I bought the light).

But...now I need to find someplace in my area (Anacortes, Oak Harbor, Coupeville) to go.  Has anyone done any squid fishing up here?  If so...can you point me in a direction?

Thanks!

T

Limit out tonight at Edmonds pier.
Limited last night at Edmonds!

Salmon King; Most of the squidding action happens from Edmonds to Olympia BUT rumor has it that there is squid in Bellingham.

Still great at Edmonds... How are they doing in Seattle guys?
No luck from Pier 57 Seattle Waterfront early evening yesterday (Oct 31st). We're beginners, but it didn't look like more experienced people were getting many either.

Seattle is on FIRE limited last night on the piers. Stopped by edmonds and it looked like it was slow but I was only there for 10 mins to scope it out on the way home
Thanks for report WashingtonSquid1 Smile. I will try downtown maybe next several days. Squid on!!!
Well Washington squid Edmonds has been on fire since mid Oct only down fall is that it has been shoulder to shoulder we got there today at 330 yes I said 330 that was to get a decent spot cause by 5 it's packed there was a constant bite from 5 to 8 depending on where u were on the dock but did manage about 8lb and our spot was not the best tonight but still did good
You're right it has been on fire and I have reported that each time I've actually fished Edmonds. Limited every time I've fished Edmonds this year. Truly epic season. Maybe I stopped by during a slow time, all the same just reporting what I saw. Went down last night and got my limit again.
If you haven't been out to Des Moines, Redondo, Seacrest, you are missing out the good runs,  Have not seen this big schools in a long time. Get out while it is still hot.

Happy Squidding!!!
I just saw this video and it looks like fun.

https://youtu.be/eW6OOvySVxo

I want to learn how to do this. What do I need for equipment?
EVERYWHERE IS RED HOT HOT HOT!

Quote:I just saw this video and it looks like fun.

https://youtu.be/eW6OOvySVxo

I want to learn how to do this. What do I need for equipment?

After that, head to one of the piers mentioned in this forum and just cast and start jigging. Standard fishing techniques. Jig and different depths to figure out where the school is and repeat. Good luck.
Quote: 
After that, head to one of the piers mentioned in this forum and just cast and start jigging. Standard fishing techniques. Jig and different depths to figure out where the school is and repeat. Good luck.
Thanks! My trout rig should work. Just need to find a squid jig.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,776 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2014 season) glen 57 18,097 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget sound, WA (2013 season) Chromesteel 209 48,303 11-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Last Post: glen