Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget Sound, WA (2015 season)
Lights out squidding tonight downtown piers. And a bonus saw a whale surface three times. I been living in Seattle since 1980 and first time seeing a whale Elliot Bay.
Anyone been out since the rain stopped
I have been fishing Seattle's Seacrest Park pier at from 4:30-8 is still fairly good, however the Duwamish river dumped allot of un-clean water into the bay after all the heavy rain.  The visibility is low, and the squid are not hitting as hard as before all the rain, but they are still there and a few hours at the pier will produce dinner if you put the time in.

Edmonds was very slow last night, presumably due to the heavy rain earlier the week. The visibility was low as pcorazao pointed out.

Seacrest pier was slow last Saturday with occasional arrivals of a small school. I got about 10 squids in 2 hrs.

Took my boat out in Elliot Bay last Thursday;started out slow then we moved around a bit and found the a hot bite. 4 limits within an hour once we found them. It was nuts, doubles were the norm and we had a bunch of triples as well.

Hot jig was the little blue and glow lead powder coated jigs they have at Outdoor Emporium, they are triangular in shape.
Does anyone how Edmonds Pier is doing right now for squid or anything else. Visiting my daughter in Covington. Or any other hot spots, tips

Thanks

Quote:Does anyone how Edmonds Pier is doing right now for squid or anything else. Visiting my daughter in Covington. Or any other hot spots, tips

Thanks

@donwatanabe

If you are in Covington, you are closer to Redondo if you are after the squid. Did really good this morning came home with my limit. Now that the water a lot better, schools start to come closer to the dock the only problem is that there is a seal chasing the schools of squid but if you put some time you will come home with some squid.
Happy Squidding!!!
Thanks for the tip. I noticed Redondo doesn't have lighting. Do you have to go squidding at night time

Thanks

Just came back from Edmonds with a small bucket of squid for 3 hrs. You had to work for them but everyone was catching. I seen a couple people catch a couple nice size crabs too. I'm going back tomorrow but might try Redondo instead

Last night was amazing at Seacrest Park, the water is back to clear and the squid came in during high tide,  I only stayed for 30 mins, and got 13 great sized squid.

Did anyone fish recently at (or around) the Ferris wheel in downtown water front? I got many limits there in December last year. 

squidding is still hot in puget sound, even during the daytime. 

That is what I like to hear!!!  Going to night to sea-crest park, who is with me!

Please report us back how you did. I'm a bit concerned that the discharge from Duwamish is raising rapidly due to all the recent rain. The bites might be off for several days.

Water was a bit dirty but very fishable. But 3-5 inches of rain is due in NOW and it'll last through Tuesday night into Wednesday. So Expect the Duwamish to push out mud tomorrow! I got 6 pounds in about an hour right before low tide and got 13 squid jigs from the bottom and most to all were still useable! 

Wow! 13 squid jigs, that's a good night!  I went to Seacrest park last night, arrived at 5:30pm, looked like most of the action took place around 4-4:30.  One guy had his limit fishing from 4-8 pm.  A good wave came in around 6:30-7pm.  I had a decent night, got 22 squid 5:30-8pm.  It seems like a good school of jumbos are around, some of these I got last night are monsters.

Yeah, 13 jigs are definitely more valuable than a limit of squids these days! Thanks for the great reports, Squidman1 and pcorazao. I will give it a try sometime later this week or weekend.

I'm thinking to check out Elliot Bay tonight. I've had MANY limits of squid this year from July till now (So far). They are there! But got to find them! This year has been better then the last. 

The water visibility was really poor last Saturday. I had only 2 squids in 2 hrs. I left when rain started pouring down. Not many people were fishing on the pier.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,774 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2014 season) glen 57 18,094 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget sound, WA (2013 season) Chromesteel 209 48,301 11-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Last Post: glen