Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget sound, WA (2013 season)
Quote:Where's the squid?? While sitting at home last night watching Seattle's KCPQ Q13 Fox News the last scene they has was a webcam of Elliott Bay and it was not foggy. You could see Pier 62/63 and saw at least 2 groups there fishing!! 

Anyone have any updates on squidding in downtown Seattle over the last few days?  I saw some jiggers on the waterfront as I drove along the street on Friday night, but didn't have a chance to stop and see how they were doing.
I fished friday night, nothing but a few small squid
I tried again at Edmonds on Saturday night. There were about 15-20 people there and no one caught a thing 😢
I was there at Edmonds on Sat night and got one. The most that I saw people get were about 3-4. Seal chasing em away.

Has anyone ever fished in Case Inlet for Squid ? There is a long lighted pier about 400 ft. long and well lighted but I never see anyone there.

Does anybody know if les davis or des  moines is a better spot to jig for a  for a newbie in a wheelchair ?

I'm still looking for info about Case Inlet Squid. Anyone have any info?
Quote:Does anybody know if les davis or des  moines is a better spot to jig for a  for a newbie in a wheelchair ?
Not sure about Des Moines but Les Davis has some pretty high railing around the pier.  I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a try.  I'm new to squid fishing as well so don't know how much help this is to you.  Good Luck.
I used to fish the Des Moines pier and always caught as many as I needed, usually about 16 squid. I didn't need more than that so I left after that. No sense in catching more than I wanted to clean. 

I'll be at Edmonds friday
Anything in Seattle. They should be there NOW!
Quote:Does anybody know if les davis or des  moines is a better spot to jig for a  for a newbie in a wheelchair ?
At Des Moines, you have to find street parking on a semi-busy street.  Les Davis has it's own parking lot so it seems safer to me.  Les Davis should see action in a month or so.
Got a couple of jumbos last friday @Edmonds  but was pretty slow except for a specific spot...may try to go this fri again.

See you there, Nick.

I can't wait for some squid sashimi! Yum!
Might have to join you guys on friday! Looks like a good incoming and high! Big Grin

I probably won't be out there til 830 or 9
Went down to Edmonds! On the way down riding my bike I lost my reel handle. Fortunately my friend had a reel I could borrow. Lots of people but found a spot. Lots of small squid were being caught along with the occasional jumbo or two. Then we had several schools od jumbos making a show. But the seal was around but that did NOT stop the fishing. Met a fellow Squidder and a WaLaker, Liam. Nice to meet you! Lots of fun for 1-2 pounds of squid.
Those little squid have such a great texture. We cooked ours last night like shabu shabu (hot pot). Gotta say, if my wife doesn't go into labor this Friday I'll be back! See you guys then
Anyone been to shilshole lately?  I was there beginning of October and only got a few.

Got my limit!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,858 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2015 season) glen 66 21,554 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget Sound, WA (2014 season) glen 57 18,424 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: glen