Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puget sound, WA (2013 season)
Let me rephrase that then.

If you're new to squidding, and are in the north sound, go at night and you'll have WAY better luck.
I have a picture of a bucket of squid I caught last year at les Davis. Itinerary was taken at 12:00pm (noon)! I got there at 8am and caught 6lbs by noon. Anyway, not always at night I guess
Waterman pier in port orchard have them already.  A buddy of mine pulled in about 6lbs the other night.

Alright, I guess I have to go this weekend,
Anybody having any luck in the Downtown Seattle area? Thinking of going down to the waterfront tonite and check it out...

New to the area in Bremerton. anyone know of some good places to get some squid and what size jigs are good around here?

Well managed to get 1 during the day sunday and missed a few others then picked and pulled a school in the dark late sunday into early monday morning. Ended with 14 pieces. The question that should remain uncertain is there more squid out there? Will the winter season be the same or better then last year?
Well i'm at illahee right now and i've managed to pull in 6 until a boat that was moored to the dock pulled out and scared away what was here. Hopefully it will pick back up. Good luck everyone
Checked out les Davis. Still nada. Anyone seen anything in Seattle or south of Seattle yet?
I managed to pull in 10 pieces on saturday at illahee. People were catching more. Just way too many crab pots to go and fish where they were
I noticed that my previous post was posted wrong, and going to redo it: Friday night at Edmonds got 5 and mt friend got 5 pieces too! Slow night....

I'm getting excited, been twisting up some new jigs, replenishing my stocks. My light has new bulbs and my battery is all charged up and ready to rock!

But...

There's salmon season here soon, so the squid will wait for a while longer!
Last week I got 1.3 pounds at pier 86. Constant fishing....
I was thinking about going to Edmonds for salmon and staying late for squid. But, I think steelhead is still going to take over and drag me out to reiter instead... Plus, I still have a few lbs of squid in the freezer!
Howdy! Been lurking these forums and thought I'd post something.

Caught two squids at Edmonds 2 days ago - it was around 8pm and still bright...nothing after that since I didn't have any light.

Also caught a pretty big flounder there.

How's the beard liam?

Caught 7 pieces going for 6 ounces at 86. Man what a week makes, huh?! And lots of herring
Haha, beard is going strong, you'll recognize me again!

I am thinking to go out next Friday, maybe see you there!
Hit edmonds tonight. Fished from 8:30 to 11:30, nothing but starfish and seaweed.

I saw random squid, no schools. Oh well, it's still early! At least there was no seals yet!

Sounds like there was a single 29 pound king caught this morning at edmonds and nothing else.
Any reports on the sound lately? Really looking foward to the season to start in 2 weeks Big Grin
Quote:Any reports on the sound lately? Really looking foward to the season to start in 2 weeks Big Grin

Been too busy with salmon, check back late October, haha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Puget Sound, WA (2016 Season) glen 40 17,769 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: ikasashiman
  Puget Sound, WA (2015 season) glen 66 21,431 12-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: glen
  Puget Sound, WA (2014 season) glen 57 18,090 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Last Post: glen